Friday, November 29, 2013

A New Blog on a Rainy Day...

Hi all, I'm Courtney and among many other things I love to garden.

I focus on edibles like veggies, fruits and herbs and do my best to follow organic and natural practices.  I never use chemical fertilizers or pesticides, I just don't believe in them and avoiding them is kind of the whole point of me growing my own food, besides the fact that I enjoy it.  I'm also lucky enough to live in a climate that easily allows year round gardening, as we have very mild winters here in Southern California, so I get to garden pretty much all the time, switching from cool season plants to warm season and back.


For now I actually have a rather small garden, as I just have a couple of balconies and windowsills of my own for growing space, and friend's yard that she lets me share and plant things in when I have the time.  I make the most of the little space I have for now and dream of the day when I will have a decent sized yard, at which time I plan to go full blown backyard (and possibly front yard) urban/suburban farmstead mode.  My ultimate goal would be to grow enough produce to supply myself and my husband, my friends and family, and hopefully have a little leftover to donate to the local food bank.  But for now I practice and hone my gardening skills and learn how to make the most of small spaces.


I also love to use what I grow to cook healthy and delicious meals, so in this blog I'll be sharing recipes as well as offering gardening tips, learnings, and even disasters I'm sure - remember failures are the best way to learn and improve, and they happen to us all!  


So I hope you enjoy my blog and hopefully find it helpful and interesting, cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment