Friday, November 29, 2013

Best Gluten Free Easy Banana Pancakes

So easy, so delicious!

I have tried a few versions of these and played with different ratios and ingredients, and here is the final Courtney (and husband) approved recipe.  They are sweet enough just from the banana to enjoy plain, but I like them with some maple syrup as well.  They are fluffy yet moist, and also don't need extra butter or cooking spray to keep them from sticking to the pan, I suppose because of the coconut oil in the batter and because I use a non-stick frying pan to cook them in. It also happens to be pretty easy to remember because its just 1 of each ingredient!  This recipe makes 6 small pancakes, about 1 serving for me, so just multiply the recipe by how many servings you need.

     1 Ripe Banana
     1 large Egg
     1 Tablespoon Milk (I use 2% Milk, could also substitute with unsweetened almond milk)
     1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
     1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (I use virgin unrefined)
     a sprinkle of vanilla extract
     a dash or two of cinnamon to taste

Just mix all ingredients up in a blender, I tend to add the flour in last.
Then drop about 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake into a nonstick pan on medium/low heat.
Wait a few minutes til browned on the bottom, then flip, they are done once the other side is browned too and the centers are cooked through.  Easy!

I use all organic ingredients and I suggest you do the same.  Also if you serve with maple syrup make sure it is real maple syrup, not flavored corn syrup (check the ingredients label).
Also great served with fruit.

Enjoy!





   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment